B Capital Partners strives towards contributing to the achievement of a number of the 17 UN sustainable development goals (SDGs) in every aspects of its business. To this end and in this context, it engages in and promotes a variety of sustainability-oriented initiatives of the infrastructure industry.
- Signatory of the UN PRI (Principles of Responsible Investment);
- Member of GRESB, an investor-led initiative providing a framework to measure performance along ESG criteria based on self-reported data that is validated, scored and benchmarked amongst peers.
- B Capital Partners is a producer of the Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment (CCRI). CCRI represents global private financial industry participants, in partnership with public institutions, which are committed to foster the quantification and integration of physical climate risks (PCRs) in investment decision-making.
- Signatory to the [WEPs]. The Women Empowerment Principles are a set of Principles offering guidance to business on how to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community. Established by UN Global Compact and UN Women.
ESG Risk Management
- Upgrade of the ESG DD Tool to a full ESG Risk Management Tool with regard to the SFDR regulation (03/2021).
- Development of an ESG Due Diligence Tool (ESG DD Tool) for direct infrastructure investing with and for GRESB (June 2020);
- Invitation by GIZ to participate in an international “Solutions Lab – scalability of sustainable infrastructure” of 25 experts with a broad variety of backgrounds, which offers guidance to policy makers and the G20 talks;
- Author of an article for GIZ on “Sustainable Infrastructure – a Business Case”, (2018/2019).
- Author of an article for the WWF: “Guidance Note: Integrating ESG factors into financial models for infrastructure investments”, (2019);
- Sponsor of the International Institute for Sustainable Development IISD, to undertake a pilot project, evaluating and integrating sustainability risks and opportunities in a systemic financial model by applying the IISD’s Sustainable Asset Valuation (SAVi) methodology to a German onshore wind farm (2018-2020).
- B Capital Partners adheres to the ILPA principles (Version 3.0) of Alignment of interest, Transparency and Governance with respect to the GP/LP relationships.
- B Capital Partners AG commits to the four CFO Principles of the UN Global Compact CFO Principles on Integrated SDG Investments and Finance, ensuring that material SDG-related risks and opportunities are integrated in corporate strategy, investments, corporate finance and communication.
- B Capital Partners AG commits to follow the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD).